Sunday, October 11, 2009

James on... Catching a follower

Yes, i am finding myself at a loss to gain followers. I suppose i figured things would be easier than this with so many people viewing blogs these days. I thought it would be like the old saying " If you throw enough shit against the wall something is going to stick."

I understand that the market is flooded with blogs right now and I have yet to post anything of any real value apparently. I need some direction from readers on which way I need to take this thing to have a successful site. I need to hear from people on what they would like to read. I'm really a pretty open guy as far as topics are concerned.

Maybe it would help if everyone knew a little bit more about me as a person. As stated in my opening blog, this site was a brainchild of mine to have a place to write so that i could work on my dedication to putting words in print. Anyone that has ever aspired to write knows that it's a million times easier to just say you're a writer than to actually write something.

In reality I am a twenty eight year old construction worker, a scaffold builder to be precise. I came to the conclusion that I should pursue this career around ten years ago because you could make decent money with little or no organized training. If you know anything about the industrial construction world, then you know that despite the physical demand of our job and the risk of death or injury, we are highly unappreciated by other craftsmen on the same job site.

As far as my home life I'm married with a seven year old son. My wife's name is Crystal and she divides her time between college and taking care of me and Micheal, who seem to have about the same grasp of maintaining a clean and organized house. My main problem with house work is remembering to do it. As far as cleaning a room or doing dishes, I have faced some mighty obstacles since we got married, but left left to my own devices I will let it get out of hand before I act.

My ultimate goal in life is to become a published author and own a bar so that I can write in the morning and work the bar by night. The two should feed off each other, since human interaction is the best way to become inspired. I must admit that unlimited access to alcohol doesn't seem like a bad idea either.

I think I'm reaching that point in life where I just doesn't want to have a boss over me. I imagine a great deal of people feel that way. My problem is that though i excel at what i do for a living, other people who know how to suck ass better get advancements before me. On top of that, most of these people that surpass me in position don't understand our craft nearly as well as I do.

I guess I'll post this before i start to sound bitter. I should be back during the week with more off kilter observations so that the reader that eventually finds this place will have a stockpile of what not to peruse.

2 comments:

  1. Hello James,
    I've read your seminal blog. I'm so proud of you for fomenting the idea to begin with.
    I see you're a little frustrated already.
    DAMN!!! You're barely out the gate.
    Go read other peoples stuff. Leave them a comment. They'll then read yours.
    It's 3 years since I began writing and I barely have 3,000 readers of my words. LOL
    I wish you the best.
    Love you long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW: I love the choice of pictures for your cover. Sorta like a morning coffee clutch but with beer. ;)

    ReplyDelete