Sunday, October 4, 2009

James On.........James On.........

This is my first post on my first blog. I missed the whole blog boom and often wondered why anyone would ever subscribe to another person's web log. Now I have thrown my hat in the ring and came to blow all of the millions upon millions of blogs out of the water with my ability to very slowly type somewhat humorous and mildly insightful sentences into a very user friendly interface. In some circles I am considered the second greatest source of potential energy in the world, coming in right behind a giant boulder on top of a mountain.

"James On" is a very hard idea to describe to someone that doesn't know me. I am a writer. I am a writer like every other white person on Earth is. I have written. I like to write. I do not write often enough nor do i finish anything that becomes difficult. The word lazy comes to mind when asked to describe myself as a writer, but you'll never hear me say that.(Unless you have one of those programs that read text documents out loud and you have somehow acquired samples of my voice to implement.)

"James On" is my plan to fix that problem. Just like an athlete with all the skills he needs to compete that never exercises or takes care of himself, a writer that doesn't write will not be able to write well. A writer that cannot handle criticism will not make it far either. Through this blog i hope to get used to the idea of writing something for others to read and hope to do it often.

Now, what's in it for you the reader?

Sex, Money, and a Lifetime Supply of your Favorite Alcoholic Beverage!!

That's right folks. I will sometimes discuss sex and money in this blog, despite the fact that I have probably have less of both than most of my readers. On top of that, I would not put it past me to proclaim how happy I would be if I somehow acquired a lifetime supply of my favorite alcoholic beverage. Hell, I'd be tickled shitless if I had a lifetime supply of your favorite alcohol too. LAUGH OUT LOUD! (You must keep in mind that falling victim to Internet abbreviations will not help me as a writer)

But seriously, I hope to be able to provide an entertaining place for people with a lot of time on their hands to go when they've sucked Youtube dry. You might get a few laughs. You might learn something new. You might become terribly offended and try to get this blog shut down for the betterment of human kind. Why not just come along for the ride and see what happens?

I would greatly appreciate your comments too. Since I don't even have a concrete plan on which way this thing is gonna go, you could help me build something to keep you entertained. Wouldn't it be nice to have something made just for you by a complete stranger across the world for free? (You always have to throw the word free in to hook some people.) On top of content suggestions, any advice to make the place look or run better would be helpful. I am not computer illiterate, but maybe more along the lines of that guy that took seven minutes to read a two line paragraph in your freshman English class.

No comments:

Post a Comment